Confidence, Nutrition, Quality, Safety, Customer Satisfaction
ETC Delivers Confidence
Essence of Thyme and Cravings provides our school system accounts with information which ensures confidence that the student is offered healthy, balanced meals, compliant with the National School Lunch and Breakfast program within the DESE's guidelines. All meals meet the nutritional requirements which make them eligible for federal reimbursement.
- Complete nutritional analysis of each meal calculated by a computer based, standardized program with caloric intake protein, vitamin, carbohydrate, sodium and total, saturated, trans fat information
- Delivery slips with temperatures, nutritional components and counts
- assistance to schools preparing for DESE nutritional and administrative reviews under the School Meals Initiative
- Copies of Production Records and Recipes
- Ingredient Books for each school
- Assistance with development of a wellness program
ETC Delivers Nutrition
Essence of Thyme and Cravings meals are fully compliant with CACFP or NSLP guidelines to maximize Federal Reimbursements.
- appropriate caloric intake for age group
- zero trans fats
- <30% total fat
- <10% saturated fat
- whole grains, lean meats
- lower sodium and lower sugar content
- frozen or fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables
ETC Delivers Quality and Safety
All food is delivered in insulated food and beverage containers designed to keep hot food hot and cold food cold, all within appropriate safe temperatures for several hours.
We employ proper sanitation and HAACP procedures with on time delivery, at correct temperatures with complete and accurate delivery slips recorded with all appropriate DESE compliant information.
Food can be prepared and packaged individually or family style. We use environmentally friendly recyclable containers for all individual meals.
Essence of Thyme and Cravings staff are well versed in both culinary and nutritional aspects of food service including:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines
- Federal Reimbursement requirements
- ServSafe certification
- Allergen training
All ETC Food Service staff, Servers and Delivery staff must pass a CORI check as part of their employment screening.
All of our up to date permits and excellent health inspection reports are always available for review by our customers.
ETC Delivers Customer Satisfaction
Read what our customers have to say about the assistance ETC provides your school in preparation for DESE Reviews:
"I just wanted to let you know that we had our visit today from DESE this morning/afternoon. The visit went really well. She was impressed by the meals and how actively involved you are with us. And I would like to thank you and let you know how grateful we are for all the help and support we've received from you through this whole process. You ensured that we were as prepared as possible for this visit and it definitely paid off! Once again, thank you!!"
Carol, Operations Associate
"The visit from the DESE went very well once again, she was very impressed of how organized everything was and the fact that you are all so very helpful in getting to us all the information we need. Thanks again for everything."
Carol, Operations Associate
"[ETC's] middle name is flexibility. Starting a new school with TILL helping us with the food service has been very helpful. The students are really enjoying the food."
Beth, Charter School Program Manager
Director of Food Services
Essence of Thyme and Cravings